I’m not exactly what you’d call a goal-setter. And it has only become worse since having a kid. Because, let’s face it, he’s in charge. I’m just along for the loud, dirty, smelly ride.
But I thought maybe next month I’d get a little crazy and take charge of things. Set some goals. Make things happen. Be productive. Maybe put pants without an elastic waistband on. LOL J/K. I’m totally wearing yoga pants for the rest of my life.
But I think I can accomplish most of this stuff without “real” clothes on anyway (I hear a positive attitude is really helpful in accomplishing your goals).
Trish’s 10 Goals for August
1. Wake up early to torture myself with Insanity at least 4 days a week. The official schedule has you torturing yourself 6 days a week, but there’s only so much of that I can handle at 5am.
2. Take a picture everyday. I’ve really been slacking in the photography department. Sometimes I go days without taking the camera out and then I spot her peeking out from her bag, looking all lonely and neglected. It’s sad. She deserves better.
3. Go on at least four family outings. And not just to Target to look at the clearance stuff. Although, I will always maintain that’s fun for the whole family.
4. Clean and organize the basement. When we moved into this house in November, there was a lot of this going on: “I don’t know where this should go. I’ll just stick it in this box. Now I have this box full of junk and I don’t know where to put it.” And so, all those boxes of random treasures ended up in the basement. And I’m sick of looking at them.
5. Weather permitting, take Wyatt for a walk every day. Apparently my kid did not inherit my homebody tendencies. He loves to get out and point excitedly at things. Like mailboxes and empty candy wrappers and fences. How can I deny him these simple pleasures?
6. Incorporate vegetables into every meal. For the sake of my health and the jeans that are bursting at the seams, this is for the best.
7. Purge my wardrobe. I have a lot of clothes that I keep convincing myself I’m going to wear again. Yeah, you really might wear that skirt again that’s as old as your college diploma. It doesn’t fit anymore and will never be in style ever again, but sure, keep the faith! Maybe instead of saying “purge my wardrobe” I should say “spend two hours crying and suffering through painful internal conflict while I put old clothes into a trash bag and take them down the Salvation Army” instead?
8. Have a date night. And not just to Target to look to look at all the clearance stuff. What? THAT CAN TOTALLY BE A DATE.
9. Read 4 books. I am crazy for thinking I’m actually going to have time to read 4 books. But I figured if I aimed high I might get close. Or I might end the month still trying to get through one chapter without a toddler slapping me in the face. Either one of those.
10. Organize and backup photos. I was doing SO well at keeping up with all my photos. They were uploaded, edited, organized, backed up, and shared on Facebook. I was machine. Then my kid started walking and talking and slapping me in the face for reasons I’m still unclear about. Anyway, it’s just really hard to dodge toddler assaults and be organized. I’m going to try this month though.
What about you? Got any amazing goals for August? Or tips on how to protect myself from a toddler? I will take those as well.
Want to keep up with all my cake-fueled ramblings? You can subscribe to my newsletter or find me at one of these places: