It’s just not right.
But, at least it’s Friday. I won’t complain about that. And because I’ve spent the majority of the night talking to the dog, and sometimes answering for him, I think it’s time I move on before I give into my urge to put on a doggy fashion show.
So let’s do another Fill in the Blank Friday!
1. Something I am proud of is my ability to forgive. There’s a saying that goes something like this: “Grudges are a poison you take, hoping it will kill the other person.” So it’s not that I forgive out of the kindness of my heart. It’s just that being wronged is bad enough, and I won’t let myself make it worse by continuing to let it poison my life.
2. My favorite thing about myself is my sense of humor. I’m totally one of those people who generally thinks she’s not good at many things. I don’t sing or play an instrument or paint or know how to build things or make crafting masterpieces. But I really do know how to make people laugh. I will admit that. Plus, I didn’t want to put down my favorite thing about myself is the ability to eat five Arby’s roast beef sandwiches before I even pull out of the parking lot.
3. My favorite color for fall is purple. Like a really deep plumy purple. I love all the colors of fall, but oranges and yellows and browns are just too predictable.
4. Something I’ve been learning lately is I can’t control everything. I know, shocker. But when you like to have control and hate asking for help, it’s huge when you start to let those things go.
5. A book I’m reading now/have read recently is The Postmistress by Sarah Blake. I’m halfway through, and I have to admit, it has taken this long for it to start feeling interesting. But I’m glad I didn’t give up. I think it’s going to get even better.
6. My favorite Pandora station is the Zac Brown Band station I just made a few days ago. I don’t think I’ve had to thumb down a tune yet.
7. This weekend I will keep myself busy. And probably watch way too much TV. And undoubtedly eat too many cookies. And maybe turn ABBA up to 11 and have a dance party with myself.