I’ve got a serious lack of blogger inspiration going on right now. The ideas, they’re not flowing. But I hate letting the blog go dormant, so I’m just going to blog through the rut.
I figured this would be a good time to fill up your stalker files, so I’m going to do a little Q&A…of questions I made up. Is that weird? It’s probably weird. I’m going to do it anyway.
1. Why did you start this blog? I’d actually had several blogs before this one. I tried writing about politics (way too intense for me), crafting (I stink at crafts), and weight loss (I realized pretty quickly I like cake too much for that). Obviously, none of them stuck. But I really missed writing and connecting and over-sharing. So, that’s how I ended up starting Everyday Trish. It’s just me, and I like that.
2. What’s your favorite book? I’m not very good at picking favorites, but off the top of my head I’m going to say The Time Traveler’s Wife. It’s such an interesting and beautiful story and sometimes the ending still haunts me.
3. How many states have you lived in? Four. Indiana, California, then Indiana again, Florida, then Indiana again (why can’t I quit you?), and now Minnesota. We’ll see if the pattern continues.
4. What’s your dream vacation? Just give me a case of wine and a house on the beach for a week. I’m a simple girl. Plus if you drink enough wine you can just pretend you’re somewhere else more interesting without having to go through the hassle of flying there
5. What’s the best concert you’ve been to? Oh this is hard. But I’m going to say when I saw Dolly Parton with my mom. Seeing Dolly in concert was like a dream come true for me at the time.
6. Do you have any degrees? I sure do. A BA in Psychology from the University of South Florida. That was pretty much the worst $20,000 I’ve ever spent. I display the diploma in my office as a reminder to not spend so much money on a piece of paper ever again. Staples is practically giving that crap away!
7. What’s your favorite guilty pleasure junk food? It’s pretty much a tie between Cheetos and chips with dip. I don’t want to be dramatic or anything, but if you get between me and my Cheetos you’re probably going to limp away with a shiv sticking out of your thigh.
8. Do you collect anything? Well, since I don’t think I can count fat deposits, the runner up is gnomes. I haven’t ever officially counted them all, but I have a lot. And nowhere to put them. I don’t even remember how I started collecting them. It’s like they just started showing up at my house. Which is kind of creepy when you think about it.
9. How would you describe your style? Stretchy pants chic. Yoga pants. Pajama pants. Sweat pants. Leggings. I can make them all seem like I almost care how I look.
10. What are you currently obsessed with? Figuring out a way to get the kid to bed before 1am. Apparently he doesn’t need sleep. I birthed a vampire. I’m expecting a call from the National Enquirer any day now.
So, what would you like to know? Leave a comment at the end of the blog post or fill out this anonymous form and I’ll answer your questions in another post!