I’m going to confess something to you.
Ready for it?
I didn’t leave the house for a week. A whole week. And I liked it. In fact, when I finally did go out for groceries yesterday, I wondered why we couldn’t just find a way to survive on the limp lettuce leaves that were rapidly decomposing in the crisper drawer.
Am I a hermit or am I just lazy? You don’t have to answer that.
Anyway, my week, not that exciting. But here are the highlights:
Stuff I wrote
One blog post? I’m seriously slacking.
- Why I love Chick-fil-A – A brief overview of why Chick-fil-A is my favorite fast food restaurant. And it’s not just because of the waffle fries.
Stuff we did
I was trying to think of ways I could make my week sound less boring. Like maybe if I told you how many diapers I changed or bananas I cut up or soggy pretzels I picked off the carpet, maybe it would distract you from the fact that nothing of real interest happened. You’re too smart for that though. But here are a couple of the least boring things.
- I resisted the urge to live like a vampire with the blinds closed and opened them up so I could get some pictures. Of things going on in the living room. At least I have good subjects.
- We had our second mom/son date. Guess where? The living room! Ryan had hockey that night so it was just Wyatt and me, alone eating ice cream and watching Despicable Me. No computer, tablets, or phones. We both passed out halfway through the movie. You guys, staying home all week is exhausting.
Stuff I made
The good thing about not leaving the house for a week is you have plenty of time to pretend you’re domestic and crafty.
- Chocolate chip cookie in a mug. I’ve made mug cakes before, and they’re okay. I’d rather have a real cake though. But this cookie in a mug? Amazing. I had one for breakfast. Don’t tell my doctor.
- Crock pot taco chicken. I’m kind of a fan of any dinner that cooks while I’m binge-watching Netflix. This one didn’t disappoint.
- Duck Tape coasters. I did a craft. Granted, probably the most easy craft on the planet, but still, I crafted. And now I have pretty coasters!
If next week’s review starts with “I haven’t left the house in a week” please stage an intervention. I’ll thank you for it later.
Now, how was your week?