First thing’s first, we don’t need an intervention. I left the house three times last week. Three times. I might be capable of a life after all (haha, just kidding).
Here are the highlights from my week:
Stuff I wrote
I somehow managed to break away from my nightly movie marathons to write two blog posts.
- Meet the Cats – I introduce you to the five reasons I’m perpetually covered in fur.
- The Bookstore Date – I took Wyatt to Barnes and Noble for our weekly date. He ran through there like a tornado. I followed him around doing damage control.
Stuff I watched
How many movies in a week is too many? Please say more than six.
- Cloud Atlas. I hated it. I felt confused and slightly schizophrenic by the end. Trust me, the last thing I need is to feel more crazy.
- This is 40. It was okay. Maybe I just can’t relate to a bunch of self-indulgent mid-lifers with gigantic houses and personal trainers?
- Warm Bodies. There were zombies, so of course I liked it.
- Oblivion. Don’t hate me, but I don’t really get Tom Cruise. He always looks surprised. Or confused. This was a decent movie though. Maybe because his character had good reason to be surprised and/or confused?
- Admission. It was not nearly as funny as I thought it was going to be. Paul Rudd, you really let me down this week.
- Anna Karenina. I left the room halfway through the movie to get a snack, forgot I was watching it, and spent the rest of the movie at my desk. I guess I wasn’t impressed.
Stuff I did
*ahem* If you’re wondering why I didn’t do anything interesting, please see the above “Stuff we watched” section. That should clear some things up.
- After our mom/son date at Barnes and Noble we went to Sam’s Club for necessities, like giant bags of cheese and tortilla chips. If there ever really is a zombie apocalypse, that’s the first thing we’re hoarding.
- Ate an entire Chipotle burrito. After I was done I wasn’t sure if I was impressed or disgusted with myself. I eventually settled on impressed.
- We took Wyatt ice skating again. He even kinda-sorta stood up on his own. We’re so proud! How much do NHL players make? Momma needs a beach house.
So, how was your week?