Help Rico Roman and Citi Every Step of the Way Support Sled Hockey

This post was created in partnership with Citi®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Did anyone else have some intense Olympic fever like we did? We seriously had something Olympics-related playing at all times. And then it was over and I was all, what am I supposed to watch now?

No more figure skating to torture Ryan with? No more insane ski jumping? No more contemplating the two-man luge? (Seriously, I’m concerned)

But actually, the Olympics do go on. A couple of weeks after the Olympics end, the Paralympics begin.  They don’t get the fanfare that the regular Olympics do, so many of the events go unnoticed. But that’s deeply unfortunate, because there are a lot of amazing athletes giving it their all in the Paralympics.

Rico Roman is one that particularly stands out to me. Rico lost his leg due to injuries he sustained while stationed in Iraq, but he didn’t let that stop him from staying active. And in 2010 he was introduced to the world of sled hockey by a group called Operation Comfort.

Through financial support and equipment donations, Operation Comfort is able to help injured veterans find sports and activities that they might not otherwise have known about, or been able to afford.

Here’s Rico, in his own words:

Through Rico’s partnership with Citi’s Every Step of the Way program, which is letting you decide how a $500,000 donation will be divided between 9 worthy groups, he was able to exceed his monetary goal for the group.  Awesome, right?

If you’d like to get involved and help decide where the donation will go, this video is a good place to start:

Did you go checkout the other groups that Citi is supporting? I’d love to know which one you support most!

When you’re done here, be sure to go enter the $25 Visa Gift Card giveaway being sponsored by Citi!

Trish Signature

Want to keep up with all my cake-fueled ramblings? You can subscribe to my newsletter, follow me on bloglovin’, or find me at one of these places:

fb-(g) g+-(m) pinterest-(o) twitter-(t) RSS icon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. Candice says

I love how much of an inspiration he is, especially to wounded soldiers. I play hockey and admire his strength and courage too.

2. Marti Tabora says

He is such an inspiration to me because he found another passion when his situation changed and also the fact that he is helping others.

3. Lynne says

I am inspired not only that Rico was determined enough to work through his own injury, he is now taking his experiences and using them to help others deal with the same things. Helping yourself AND others is inspiring.

4. shelly peterson says

It’s inspiring that he didn’t give up after loosing a leg and found sport he could do and enjoy. It’s awesome he is helping others like him.

5. Margaret Smith says

I am so inspired by Rico Romans story and how he chose to push himself and to also help others. What a true hero.

6. Priscilla S. says

I am most inspired by the fact that he did he not let his serious injury hold him back in any way. He persevered and also works to help others as well. He is truly an inspiration.

7. Jessica Menster says

I love that Rico and other veterans are getting the chance to participate in their dreams with citi- wonderful program and so deserving!

8. Sue M. says

I was inspired that he didn’t let his injuries stop him from keeping active in sports and his helping others do the same.

9. Susan Smith says

I’m inspired that he supports injured veterans find sports and activities that they might not otherwise have known about, or been able to afford.

Trackbacks