Let me tell you, today has been a real stinker. You know those days where it’s just one thing after another? And you try to stay positive, but with each new thing you inch toward total meltdown mode. That was today. And I did meltdown. And I did make the executive decision to eat cake for dinner. But it was carrot cake, so I got my veggies.
There were bright spots in my day though. I got to leave the house by myself. I finally got new contacts so I can see again. There was no one in the McDonald’s drive-thru when I stopped for a Diet Coke. And I remembered Kim from This Ole Mom nominated me for the Liebster Award!
I’d actually been nominated for the Liebster once before but that was over two years ago, so I think it’s safe to graciously accept the nomination again. Right?
There are 4 simple rules for the Liebster Award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their site. Easy!
- Answer the 11 questions they picked for you. No problem.
- Pick 11 blogs with 200 or less followers to nominate for the award. Don’t forget to let them know you nominated them!
- Think up 11 awesome questions for your nominees to answer.
Kim’s questions for me:
- How long have you been blogging? I’ve actually been blogging on and off for a long time. Probably close to 10 years now. But my current blog will turn three this year. I have to say, she’s my best yet.
- What’s your favorite dessert? This is hard, because I love dessert. I mean, I ate cake for dinner tonight. Come on. But if you twist my arm and make me pick, I’d go with red velvet cupcakes topped with cream cheese frosting.
- If you won an all expense paid vacation for you and your family, and you were able to pick the destination, where would you go? I’d go all out and take a month long trip around Europe. None of that backpacking nonsense though. Trish needs to save her strength for eating all the desserts in Europe.
- What’s your favorite holiday? Christmas, because it’s so festive. And I love giving presents. And there are more baked goods around than normal.
- Your favorite color? Pink. It makes me happy.
- What is your favorite movie? I can’t. I can never pick a favorite movie. Don’t make me. But I will tell you, without shame, I am mildly obsessed with Bridesmaids. It never gets old.
- Where’s your favorite place to shop for yourself? Besides a bakery? Target. Always Target. You complete me.
- Do you have pets? How many? What kind and what are their names? That’s like four questions! Gosh! We have a shih tzu named Dewey and five cats: Domino, Delylia, Norton, Thevenin, and Death Star. Yes, Death Star.
- What’s your favorite beverage? It’s a tossup between an ice cold Diet Dr. Pepper straight from the can, or a Diet Coke from McDonald’s.
- What’s your favorite restaurant? Based on my bank statement, one might assume it’s Jimmy John’s. But really, I don’t have a favorite. I just like it when other people make my food and bring it to me. That’s my favorite.
- Name one thing you look forward to doing during Summer. I will confess to you, I’m not a fan of summer. It’s hot and sticky and uncomfortable. I usually can’t wait for it to be over. So I’m just going to say I look forward to turning the air conditioner on.
- Jen from Wonderfully Unkempt
- Jess from Adventures in Ginger Mommyhood
- Rabia from The Liebers
- Jenn from Argyle Love
- Samantha from Moody Mama
- Jenn from Life with the Lieutenant
- Alison from In the Font of A
- Karen from A Peek at Karen’s World
- Leah from Mrs. Mama D
- Jessica from You Are My Color
- Suze from Straight on the Ground
I found it exceedingly difficult to find 11 blogs with under 200 followers, but I did my best to pick 11 great bloggers without huge followings. You should check them all out. And if I nominated you, congratulations! I like you and we’re best friends. Right? But hey, just because we’re best friends now, don’t feel obligated to write out a whole post if you don’t have time or just don’t want to. I won’t be offended. If you do accept the challenge though…
Here are my 11 questions for you:
- Why did you start your blog?
- What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream? If you don’t like ice cream, please explain what’s wrong with you.
- What do you like most about yourself?
- What’s your favorite season, and why?
- If you could go to one place in the whole world, where would it be?
- What’s the most delicious thing you know how to make?
- If you could be any animal for a day, what would you be and why?
- What’s your favorite book?
- What states/countries have you lived in?
- If you had a choice between leaving your hair exactly the way it looks when you get out of bed OR putting makeup on for the day, what would you choose?
- What’s your least favorite chore around the house?
Thanks again to Kim from This Ole Mom for nominating me! Now I’m off to see if I can find any stray peanut butter cups in the kitchen. Wish me luck