I’m not very good at favorites. Probably because it involves making a choice and I am a terrible decision maker. If you’ve ever been around me when it’s time to decide where to eat for dinner, you’ve probably wanted to slap me in the face. And I really wouldn’t blame you. It’s annoying.
But, when it comes to frosting I definitely have a favorite. Hands down, it’s cream cheese frosting. On a cookie. On a cupcake. Straight off the spoon! I love it.
I’ve tried quite a few variations of cream cheese frosting recipes, and after a lot of tasty trial and error, I’m ready to declare this the best cream cheese frosting.
- 8oz cream cheese – softened
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter – softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbs milk
- With a mixer cream together butter, cream cheese, and vanilla extract – about one minute.
- Add powdered sugar and mix on low speed until combined, then mix on medium speed about one minute
- At this point, if you like a thicker frosting you can be done, but if you want a thinner more spreadable frosting, mix in 1 tbs of milk
This should give you enough frosting to frost a round layer cake or a couple dozen cupcakes. Let me know if you give it a try!
Want to keep up with all my cake-fueled ramblings? You can subscribe to my newsletter or find me at one of these places: