I have needed a better way to store my makeup brushes for a long time. They have a handy-dandy fold up carrying case, which is great for travel, but was kind of a pain for everyday use since I don’t have a lot of counter space to roll it out on.
Well, I finally did something about it and made a painted Mason Jar makeup brush holder. I already had everything I needed, but this project is still super inexpensive if you need to buy a few things. Plus, it’s so easy. I’m not crafty at all, so if I can do it, anyone can.
- Spray paint (I used Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Gloss in Watermelon)
- Mason jar (or any other clean glass jar you have)
- Old newspaper for covering your work surface
- Nail file or sandpaper
- Cover your work surface with with old newspaper. The weather was kind of iffy here, so I flipped an old memo board upside down on top of the newspaper so I could move the project inside if needed.
- Make sure your jar is clean and dry, then place upside down on top of your work surface.
- Spray paint that sucker! Start light and build from there so you don’t end up with drips.
- Allow your jar to dry completely, ideally overnight.
- If you want a more rustic look, use your nail file to sand any raised edges on your jar.
- Fill your jar with makeup brushes, pens, kitchen utensils – Whatever you want!
Let me know if you give this a try. I’d love to see how your jar turned out!
This post is being linked up with Flamingo Toes, DIY Showoff, Sew Can Do, Raia’s Recipes, Weekend Craft, Raising Memories, Polka Dots on Parade, Treasure Tromp, Jordan’s Onion, A Prudent Life, Kitchen Fun, Endlessly Inspired, AKA DEsign, Juggling Real Food, Create With Joy, Happy & Blessed Home, Today’s Creative Blog, Cooking With Curls, and The Grits Blog.
Want to keep up with all my cake-fueled ramblings? You can subscribe to my newsletter or find me at one of these places: