Painted Mason Jar Makeup Brush Holder

I have needed a better way to store my makeup brushes for a long time. They have a handy-dandy fold up carrying case, which is great for travel, but was kind of a pain for everyday use since I don’t have a lot of counter space to roll it out on.

Well, I finally did something about it and made a painted Mason Jar makeup brush holder. I already had everything I needed, but this project is still super inexpensive if you need to buy a few things. Plus, it’s so easy. I’m not crafty at all, so if I can do it, anyone can.

Painted Mason Jar Makeup Brush Holder

Materials

• Spray paint (I used Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Gloss in Watermelon)
  • Mason jar (or any other clean glass jar you have)
  • Old newspaper for covering your work surface
  • Nail file or sandpaper

Directions

1. Cover your work surface with with old newspaper. The weather was kind of iffy here, so I flipped an old memo board upside down on top of the newspaper so I could move the project inside if needed.
  2. Make sure your jar is clean and dry, then place upside down on top of your work surface.
  3. Spray paint that sucker! Start light and build from there so you don’t end up with drips.
  4. Allow your jar to dry completely, ideally overnight.
  5. If you want a more rustic look, use your nail file to sand any raised edges on your jar.
  6. Fill your jar with makeup brushes, pens, kitchen utensils – Whatever you want!

Painted Mason Jar Makeup Brush Holder

Let me know if you give this a try. I’d love to see how your jar turned out!

This post is being linked up with Flamingo ToesDIY ShowoffSew Can DoRaia’s RecipesWeekend CraftRaising MemoriesPolka Dots on ParadeTreasure Tromp, Jordan’s Onion, A Prudent Life, Kitchen Fun, Endlessly Inspired, AKA DEsign, Juggling Real Food, Create With Joy, Happy & Blessed Home, Today’s Creative Blog, Cooking With Curls, and The Grits Blog.

Trish Signature

Want to keep up with all my cake-fueled ramblings? You can subscribe to my newsletter or find me at one of these places:

photo facebook_zps6b97bdd2.png
 photo googleplus_zps7dc8c21d.png photo instagram_zps8ba06a15.png photo pinterest_zps0f7a85ad.png photo Twitter_zpse1a348e1.png photo bloglovin_zps5ab980d9.png photo rss_zpsa44c97c4.png

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. says

Let me try this again, it didn’t want to work before.

I love how this turned out – I have a ton of extra jars at home right now so I should give this a try!

2. says

Graet idea! I use those all the time and makes great conversation, when people visit. I love that I can use the simplest things and create beauty out of them. I love the color and so easy my Girl Scouts can do this for their Mother’s on Mother’s Day. Thanks for the tip.
    Tamika recently posted…My Thoughts on ThursdayMy Profile

3. Bonnie @ wemake7 says

That is so cute! I really like the color too. That looks like something I would want to make for my brushes too.

4. Pam says

We did something like this for my daughter’s wedding and I have been wondering how to reuse them. They would be perfect as makeup brush holders!

5. Shauna says

Love, love, love it… and it would look so great in my bedroom or bathroom. It would also look great in my living room filled with just about anything…

6. says

I’m not that patient to color and build my own makeup jar. I’d rather to just buy one from the market ready-made. This post though inspires me to do it!

7. jane says

i should prolly make my jars from spagetti to like this too and give as a gift to my friends and personalise all of them with names! i have lots of jars but i already threw them away

8. Ann Bacciaglia says

Such a easy project that looks great. So many possibilities you could use the jars for. Great post thanks for sharing.

9. says

I have a couple of jars I painted that color! One day I went a little crazy and rounded up any and every glass jar/candle holder/vase and took them outside with about 8 different colors of spray paint. Now I have a bunch of pretty jars just hanging out 🙂
    Jess recently posted…Potty training: the beginning…My Profile

Trackbacks